Sunday, August 28, 2022

A whale of a good time.


Yesterday cemented I believe where I live is completely magical.

We did a two-hour tour out of Avila Harbor surrounded by sea birds, porpoise, otters, sea lions, and breaching whales with Avila Beach Whale Watching and Boat Tours. The salt and wind on my face are something that I long for. The laughter and 23-year-old rum in my flask cemented the fact we were modern-day pirates of love. 

Then we wander down the pier to the magical Mersea's. Devouring fish recently plucked from the sea made into tacos, blacken, fried, chowder, and rare while watching the sailboats sway.  Bartender Rob stirred up some tasty beverages that delighted us all. 

We drove to Stone Soup Music Festival, Food & Street Fair to boogie to a plethora of musical options. The cold fog soaked through our bones so we went to The Spoon Trade- The crown jewel of Grover Beach. Fresh bluefin tuna was chopped and spread on toast with avocado and Calabrian chilis. The chef sent over some bites of tuna cheek, and yummy deviled eggs. We ended the meal with the pot de cream and brown butter cookies. We ventured back to Stone Soup to watch the Young Dubliners rock on the outside stage.  

This was a perfect day. One that will enhance my dreams forever. I Love where I live.  #Avila #WhaleWatching #CaptainMark #Mersea #GroverBeach #TheSpoonTrade #BluefinTuna #StoneSoup #GonzoGidget 








No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment if you find this inviiting your fingers to tap the keyboard (or screen if you are an IPhone homo like me).